Convert your html to a pdf that doesn't suck.
What is this?This is a public API that has one purpose: Convert html from a given URL to a pdf that doesn't suck.
It's primary usecase is for a webapplication to use it to generate pdf files, but use it for anything you like.
How does it work?
You just call http://www.html2pdf.it/?url=[url_to_convert_to_pdf]
PDF is generated from print media view.
What are the features?A pdf that doesn't suck. The WebKit rendering engine is used (Chrome, Safari).
- Selectable text in the pdf
- Renders most HTML tags
- Renders most CSS rules correctly
- Flash is not rendered
Why should I use this?
- Converting html to pdf is a fast and easy way to create beautiful pdf files, you loose a little control over the exact layout. But you will be generating pdf files much faster than coding them by hand.
- When running a website pdf generation is a CPU and memory-heavy operation. If you do the pdf-generation on your web servers and you get a surge in people requesting pdf files, your entire website might become slow. That's why you should generate pdf files on separate application-servers. Using html2pdf.it, my servers are those application-servers for you.
- Hey, I really need this myself.